All the information for a day on the ice
The Frankfurt Eissporthalle offers fun for all the family. Whether skating for relaxation or training: there's something here for everyone's taste. Whether a novice on the ice or a professional – the Eissporthalle has a lot to offer.
Opening times, season by season – Skating guests enjoy a long season
Our skating year is divided into four seasons in which the opening times and the range on offer differ. The season times may vary depending on the weather conditions.
|Pre-season||27.08.2022 - 30.09.2022||9am-12 noon, 3-5:30pm, 8-10:30pm.|
|Shoulder season||27.08.2022 - 30.09.2022||Continuously from 9:00 to 22:30.|
|Peak season||31.10.2022 - 12.03.2023||Continuously from 9:00 to 22:30.|
|Shoulder season||13.03.2023 - 26.03.2023||Continuously from 9:00 to 22:30.|
|Off-season||27.03.2023 - 16.04.2023||9am-12 noon, 3-5:30pm, 8-10:30pm.|
After the skating session, all visitors leave the public rink of the Eissporthalle.
Opening times of the rinks during the season
The connected rinks have different opening hours during the course of the season.
- During the peak season, up to four rinks are available.
- When only the small rink is open during the pre-season, shoulder season and off-season, only half the admission price is charged.
- The Eissporthalle remains closed on 24 and 31 December.
- On 25 December and 1 January, the Eissporthalle opens at 2 p.m.
The Eissporthalle naturally provides lift access; we also keep a supply of ice gliders at the ready.
Open rinks – Where and when can I skate?
Here is an overview of the week showing which of the rinks is open for public skating and when.
Looking into our webcams
Image is refreshed every 15 minutes.
You can refresh the page manually with F5.
Overview of the week 13.03.2023 until 19.03.2023
Please note: The run schedules below are subject to change. Technical and weather-related changes are possible at any time.
- All blue fields in the plan show public skating times.
- All white fields show training sessions and events.
- Further information available under +49 (0)69 212 393 08.
- Rink resurfacing is carried out as required.
How the rink surface is prepared
First of all, the concrete surface is sprayed white. Then both the playing field and the advertising logos are painted on using stencils. Once the area has been cooled down to around -6°C, water is slowly hosed in, layer by layer, until the ice is approx. 4 cm thick.
Prices & Tickets
– How much will the fun set you back?
We offer a range of rates for the different skating season times, age categories and groups.
|Pre-, shoulder- and off-season||Peak season|
|Adults||5.00 €||7.00 €|
|Reduced rate||4.00 €||5.00 €|
|Book of 11 tickets adults||50,00 €||70,00 €|
|Book of 11 tickets, reduced rate||40,00 €||50,00 €|
|Adult group from 10 persons per person||4.50 €||6.30 €|
|Reduced rate group from 10 persons per person||3.60 €||4.50 €|
Admission tickets for public skating can be purchased on site at the cash desk in the admission area at Frankfurt Eissporthalle.
Buy tickets for your next visit quite easily online.
Online tickets must be validated at the entrance ticket office, they do not entitle the holder to early admission.
- Active guests and onlookers at public skating pay the same price.
- Children under 6 are admitted free of charge, as are under-17s visiting us on their birthday upon presentation of photo ID.
- Reduced prices apply for children and adolescents from 6 to 17, second-level students, apprentices, students and those engaged in the Bundesfreiwilligendienst scheme.
- Handicapped visitors with a degree of handicap of 80 % upwards pay half the respective valid admission price.
- Holders of a Frankfurt-Pass receive a 50 % reduction upon presentation of the Pass.
- For groups of 10 children and adolescents, teachers or those accompanying school classes, kindergarten groups and other children and youth groups receive free admission.
OFFER FOR SCHOOL CLASSES AND KINDERGARTENS
The Eissporthalle offers schools and kindergartens the fun of skating at special conditions.
|Period||Special admission rate|
|September to beginning of Autumn Holidays||2.00 €|
|End of Autumn Holidays to end of November||3.00 €|
|Beginning of December to mid-March||4.50 €|
|Mid-March to beginning of Easter Holidays||2.00 €|
Not possible: Advance reservations, online tickets for school classes and early admission.
- We would ask school classes and kindergarten groups intending to hire skates to collect the entire rental charge in advance and pay the complete sum at the rental desk.
Skate hire – Hire, sharpen and off you go!
Hockeyshop Forster is our rental skates provider and is on site to help and advise.
|Pre- and off-season||Shoulder- & peak season|
|Normal price per pair||4.00 €||5.00 €|
|Groups of 10 and upwards||3.50 €||4.50 €|
|School classes and kindergartens||2.50 €||3.50 €|
No card payment possible - Cash payment only
The rental service offers skates in all shoe sizes from 23 to 50. Gliders for very young skaters are on sale in the shop.
Shop opening times
|Monday – Friday||12:00 noon–8:00pm *|
|Saturday, Sunday and public holidays||9:00am–5:30pm *|
* Open only to 5:30 p.m. when the Löwen Frankfurt have a home match
Opening times hire and workshop
- A deposit must be supplied when skates are hired: valid photo ID or a drivers licence or Frankfurt-Pass together with a RMV monthly ticket or EUR 50 per pair.
- For school classes and groups of 10 people and above, we would ask you to collect the entire rental charge in advance and pay the complete sum at the rental desk.